Friday, October 24, 2008

HIGHSCHOOL memories..


In honor of my Highschool uniform..I am using BLUE for my font.

Yeah, that's me. Unbelievable ho
w I looked like a girl. ahahah...I vividly remember wetting my hair to make it look so neat in the photo, and am glad it did! ahihihih..till this day whenever I see this photo I remind myself how simplicity is indeed beautiful, no make ups just a plain water and that's it! ahaha...

This is just a small tribute back to memory lane when I met my highschool classmate last night after 14 years. And as we go further, it makes me go back to our silly days, the days we thought all of us can't graduate because all of our teachers hate us including the sister principal and M
s. Mabayag.

So join with me for a li
ttle trip back to 1994.



This is May Rodriguez, now she is Mrs. Pereles. She now lives in Duluth, Georgia and works as a HR Manager for United Airways. We've been planning to see each other a few years ago and our schedules didn't jive together.So to keep the long story short, we finally met last night. Since her hotel is just nearby Brooklyn, I figured it would be best to pick her up in front of Junior's Restaurant and go from there to Grill 21 ( a Filipino Restaurant in the West Village) where she told me via Facebook that she was craving for filipino food..and that place was the first thing that came into my mind.

We talked a lot of things and of course the first reaction when we saw each other was like a never ending screaming...(l
ike you would imagine it right? ahaha) The first words were..OMG! OMG! OMG!!! She was screaming..CAROOOLLINEEEE!!! and I screamed back..MAAAAYYYYY!!! ahahahaha..now it seems we were back in highschool once again! Except that we're in New York, me being pregnant and her, a successful career and handsome hubby and a beautiful house in Georgia.
So off we go, we took the subway..we both speak in english most of the time and a little bit of ilonggo. It's not that we're ashamed of our dialect but I guess we were both so used of speaking the language since her hubby is also american (puertorican-american to be exact). Anyways, we couldn't stop talking about how our classmates end up and how big of a difference from way back when and now. Here's an example of our conversation:

May: OMG, do you remember Claire? She has like two kids..and there's a rumor..that _ _ _ _ _ and her had a child that's why she came over here in the states because of that??!?

Meow: Err..REALLLLY?? I have no CLUE. duh. I have my own world when we're in highschool! ahahaha...

May: And who is that teacher of ours in coop?? who speaks soooooo sloooww..

Meow: wait..wait..hmmm.. dli lang..hmmm I can't
seem to remember her name!!! waahhh how about Jethro Job Hucalinas???? ahahahah..Si Sir Balidio..( QUOTE: there's a thin line between normal..and abnormal!!) And I have seen Ms. Villamarzo gone crazy! She is selling plastic bags near the plaza!

May: ayy Hoo gle! waahh OMG, OMG! really ms. villamarzo? Who is she??? can't believe that! And remember our English teacher..who is she..ahmm..she was crying after our retreat..because you stood up and told her in a loud voice. MISS, IF YOU WANT US TO RESPECT YOU, YOU BETTER RESPECT US FIRST. aahahahahah..you are sooooo kabalan,Meow!!! ahahahah!!!

----------
It was never ending..even when we parted ways..we were laughing so hard we forgot where we were..and it took us like half an hour to get a cab to take us to her hotel, and from there I took the car service home.We said our goodbyes and till next time May! Next time it's my turn to visit you in Georgia with Carey and baby!

Life is indeed has a lot of surprises to all of us.I remember May was a very intimidating person by the way she looks, and I just knew lately that she wasn't really like that and she thought of me as a very quiet person
..wahaha yeah right. quite ka da! I even told her, kasuplada sa imo lantawon ( You really look like a nasty person) and very maldita..(er..I dont have the word for that) and so i never bother making friends with you. wahahaha...and she was really surprised and happy at least despite our differences before we were growing up, we realized how much we have grown.

So my friends and loved ones..if you've got a story to tell about long lost classmates and friends that you have shared some old memories left behind that came alive, please do share!




9 comments:

  1. 15 years is a big difference that you catch up with each other! its the best thing in life that no matter how far, how big the world is, how life goes, Friendship never ends...its a very nice experience to reminice, to remember all the silly things we did in highschool especially! so, its worth a lifetime:)
    May regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAHA...exactly guid my dear..as in..if we were given a time we would probably spend a week just to talk about anything! ahahaha...next is YOU my dear! Either am coming over to Austria or your ass is visiting New York! yahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meming,

    ka cute sang imo high school picture in uniform ka pa hehe!!

    What a beautiful story of friendship. Amo gid ya life, we don't know where it's gonna take us.

    Thanks for sharing your story. Ma minsar pa ako sang akon story hehehe!!

    It's nice talking to you today. Halongs gid pirme!! muahhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Mama Maps: YESS!! thank you guid sa pagtawag! Its sooo sweet of you to call me, despite your super hectic schedule esp. that you are now working!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! am soo happy for you!

    Look at us, we really never knew each other before but through the wonders of the internet we became close and someday we will see each other too! yayy!!!

    Sus dhai akon fectyur as in nini-nini pa gid ya! LOLOLOLOL~

    ReplyDelete
  5. sadya no hehehe enjoy man ko basa sang mga siyagitay nyo hahaha...

    vivian, my high school best friend was here recently man. i haven't got the time to blog about it pa.nag post lang ko fotos sa friendster. pero wala kmi ya syagitay hahahaha i guess it's a lot more different when you meet in a foreign lang, mas excited ka syempre eh. galing kay miskin diin walwalan ka man gid ya kar hahahaha quiet ka da! korek! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anne: koreknesss gid nini!! ay abaw..suss..ang tanan ko na english nag gululuwa! wahaha...daw sa inta! ahahaha..

    hoist..ara ay Ive been updating my blogs lately as promised and! also being active sa Misyon Forum..aehheh...your turn! wahahah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. baw daw gana-gana gd ni nga blogganay haw..hala...cge tagaan mo naman ko sang inspirasyon..i'll share about my college bestfriend gerlin....cge lang time element lang gd ang problema ko...but hats off gd sa imo day...i have enjoyed reading ur blog!muah!labs gd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Manang Mira: te amo na basta wala sang ubra..damo damo ginapaminsar kungdi paayaw kamo sang basa sang nobela! wahahah....love you guid nang!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope someday we can meet up face to face with you and Layla's mom too :)

    ReplyDelete